Join the lab
You can contact me if you are looking for a Master project. I occasionally have funding for a postdoc, otherwise there are possibilities of external funding, including:
- FRM (in French)
There is currently a competitive call for PhD fellowships in neuroscience in Paris for international students, where I have a proposal on the neuroscience of escape behavior in Paramecium, the “swimming neuron”.
I am currently developing the project of integrative modeling of Paramecium, a “swimming neuron” (Brette, 2021): with collaborators in Paris, we are trying to develop integrative models of this unicellular organism, which is sensitive to various sensory modalities and uses spikes to change direction. To this end, we are doing electrophysiology, behavioral experiments (tracking) and genetics. The subject is very rich. Here is a list of ideas for a Master project on Paramecium, which can be experimental and/or theoretical:
- Mechanisms of Paramecium escape from a capillary
- Paramecium chemotaxis
- Mechanisms of Paramecium contact reaction
- Behavioral tracking of Paramecium with deep learning
- Modeling Paramecium mechanosensitivity
- Modeling Paramecium obstacle avoidance
- Conditioning Paramecium with sound
- Mechanisms of Paramecium tube escape learning
Contact me for more information (please send a CV).