Back from holiday! Here are a few papers I noticed:
- Sigworth (1980) - The variance of sodium current fluctuations at the node of Ranvier. Estimating number of channels from noise statistics.
- Hu et al (2016) - DVS Benchmark Datasets for Object Tracking, Action Recognition, and Object Recognition. Vision benchmarks for spike-based computation.
- Marin et al (2016) - Reassembly of Excitable Domains after CNS Axon Regeneration. Medically interesting but also addresses an interesting fundamental question: how a neuron builds a functional organization of the initial segment.
- Howarth et al (1968) - The origin of the initial heat associated with a single impulse in mammalian non-myelinated nerve fibres. What produces heat during spike generation?
- Saal et al (2016) - Importance of spike timing in touch- an analogy with hearing.
- Koyama et al (2016) - A circuit motif in the zebrafish hindbrain for a two alternative behavioral choice to turn left or right. Includes a model of the escape reflex in fish (Mauthner cells).