I have decided to post once a week the list of papers I have noticed.
I have not necessarily read these papers yet, so do not take these as recommendations, but simply papers I am curious to read. Some are not recent papers, in which case I mention the year of publication.
- Csermely P. Plasticity‐rigidity cycles: A general adaptation mechanism.
- Coffman VC, Wu JQ (2012). Counting protein molecules using quantitative fluorescence microscopy. I am looking into how one can count the number of ionic channels in a neuron.
- Kuba et al. Redistribution of Kv1 and Kv7 enhances neuronal excitability during structural axon initial segment plasticity.
- Brunet and Arendt. From damage response to action potentials: early evolution of neural and contractile modules in stem eukaryotes. Potentially interesting perspective on why cells spike.
- Fields. A new mechanism of nervous system plasticity: activity-dependent myelination. Plasticity of conduction delays, a really cool topic.
- Blankenship and Feller (2010). Mechanisms underlying spontaneous patterned activity in developing neural circuits. I am trying to find a good and simple model of spontaneous activity (any good reference is welcome).
- Hodgkin and Rushton (1946). The Electrical Constants of a Crustacean Nerve Fibre. Earliest experimental demonstration of cable theory.