This week I got interested in how a cell adapts too changes in size (for example, the membrane area of a neuron grows by several orders of magnitude during development).
- Marguerat and Bahler (2012) - Coordinating genome expression with cell size.
- Rafelski and Marshall (2012) - Building the cell: design principles of cellular architecture.
- Levy and Heald (2012) - Mechanisms of Intracellular Scaling.
- Marshall (2015) - How Cells Measure Length on Subcellular Scales.
- Singer and Nicolson (1972) - The Fluid Mosaic Model of the Structure of Cell Membranes. More or less our current understanding of membranes: the membrane as a 2D lipid solution of proteins.
- Hartmann et al (2016) - Transaural experiments and a revised duplex theory for the localization of low-frequency tones. Apparently ILD is an important localization cue in low frequency (combined with ITD).